Now that presumptive Democrat nominee Joe Biden has officially announced his running mate by picking Kamala Harris, some are already eager to shove him out the door.
With lunchbucket Joe’s mental condition deteriorating daily and making him incapable of executing the duties of the office if elected, the real POTUS after the election will either be President Trump or Harris.
Biden has yet to deliver his controlled acceptance speech at the convention, to be delivered from the safety of his Delaware basement, yet CNN is already laying the groundwork for his inevitable departure from the political stage.
According to CNN editor-at-large Chris Cilizza, Harris “will be ready to step in” when the Democrat establishment decides that it’s time to pull the plug on Biden.
In his fawning piece praising Harris, Cillizza writes:
“What Biden did is make the pick that maximized his chances of continuing to make the race a straight referendum on Trump while also selecting someone, in Harris, whose resume suggests will be ready to step in if and when Biden decides to step aside.”
He also gushes over the “qualifications” of California’s junior senator:
– She’s been vetted on the national stage due to her own 2020 bid
– She has experience in government — as both the California attorney general and as a US senator since 2017
– At 55 years old, she represents a younger generation of leader — something that Biden, who will be 78 on Inauguration Day 2021, said was a major factor in his choice
– She is a historic pick as the first Black and South Asian American woman to appear on a major party’s national ticket
– She’s from California, a massive treasure trove of both Democratic votes and Democratic donors
– She emerged as an outspoken voice on race — and the need for police reform — following the death of George Floyd in May and the subsequent protests it sparked around the country
There was no one else on Biden’s VP shortlist that checked so many boxes.
You can read more from our friends at Trending Politics.