US National Security Adviser BLASTS China, Says They Covered Up Outbreak of New Coronavirus

The National Security Adviser for the United States Blasted China on Wednesday for covering up the CoronaVirus outbreak.

Robert O’Brien, National Security Advisor: “Unfortunately rather than using best practices, this outbreak in Wuhan was covered up. There’s lots of open source reporting from China, from Chinese nationals that the doctors involved were either silenced or, or put in isolation or that sort of thing so word of this virus could not get out.

It probably cost the world community two months to respond. And those two months, if we had those and been able to sequence the virus and had the cooperation necessary from the Chinese, had a WHO team been on the ground, had a CDC team which we’d offered been on the ground, I think we could’ve dramatically curtailed what happened both in China and what’s now happening across the world.”

He continued…

“This is a complicated issue,” O’Brien said. “Pandemic and epidemics are some of the greatest challenges we face as a country. I think we have done a good job responding to it.”

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a CNBC interview last week that China had put the U.S. “behind the curve” in responding to the virus.

“Remember, this is the Wuhan coronavirus that’s caused this, and the information that we got at the front end of this thing wasn’t perfect and has led us now to a place where much of the challenge we face today has put us behind the curve,” he told CNBC on Friday.

“That’s not the way infectious disease doctors tell me it should work. It’s not the way America works with transparency and openness and the sharing of the information that needs to take place,” the secretary of State continued.

0 0 votes
Article Rating

You Might Like

Leave a Reply

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments