REPORT: China’s Coronavirus Outbreak May Be 15 to 40 Times Worse Than Reported

According to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s scientific advisers, the coronavirus outbreak in China may be “15 to 40 times” higher than what Communist China is reporting.

“Mr Johnson has been warned by scientific advisers that China’s officially declared statistics on the number of cases of coronavirus could be ‘downplayed by a factor of 15 to 40 times,’” The Daily Mail reported. “And [the British government] believes China is seeking to build its economic power during the pandemic with ‘predatory offers of help’ [to] countries around the world.’”

China has reported just 82,000 cases and only 3,300 deaths according to Johns Hopkins. 

The Washington Post recently reported that China’s coronavirus totals may not be accurate. Check out what they said:

An article in the journal Science estimates that 86 percent of Hubei’s cases were undocumented by the time authorities extended the lockdown to Wuhan and other cities on Jan. 23.

It is also likely that officials reported lower numbers of deaths from covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. Especially once the central government’s propaganda mission to win the “people’s war” against the virus became clear, numbers shifted to achieve that vision. Such shifts would probably be subtle — not hundreds or thousands of hidden deaths, but instead excluding deaths that could be attributed to other types of pneumonia or heart failure, for instance.

The under reporting by Communist China is nothing new. Back in 2003, China failed to report many cases and deaths from the SARS outbreak.

Check out what The New York Times reported:

In a rare public admission of failure, if not deception, the Chinese government disclosed today that cases of a dangerous new respiratory disease were many times higher than previously reported, and stripped two top officials of their power. […]

Admitting to the existence of more than 200 previously undisclosed SARS patients in military hospitals, the official, Deputy Health Minister Gao Qiang, said that as of Friday Beijing had 339 confirmed cases of SARS and an additional 402 suspected cases.

Ten days ago, Health Minister Zhang Wenkang said there were only 22 confirmed SARS cases in Beijing. Last Wednesday, the World Health Organization caused a stir here by estimating that there could be as many as 100 to 200 cases.

0 0 votes
Article Rating

You Might Like

Leave a Reply

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments