According to a new bombshell report, Omar’s campaign has been paying $250,000 to her ex, Ahmed Hirsi, for his silence on her affair with D.C. political consultant Tim Mynett. Federal Election Commissions records also show that Omar’s campaign has paid Tim Mynett’s fundraising company $500,000 in the last year alone.
More details from the Daily Mail:
- Ahmed Hirsi discovered Ilhan Omar having an affair with married Tim Mynett when he went to her Washington D.C. apartment and found lovers in pajamas
- ‘He suspected she was cheating but she kept telling him he was paranoid,’ one source told DailyMail.com
- DailyMail.com revealed last October that Omar and Mynett were not only dating, but living together ‘on and off’ at a secret DC apartment
- Families of Hirsi and Omar hammered out a settlement giving Hirsi tens of thousands of dollars if he did not speak publicly about the marriage breakdown
- Meanwhile, Omar’s campaign paid Mynett’s fundraising company more than $500k last year, according to new Federal Election Commission figures
- In December alone his E Street Company received $87,683, according to the figures reviewed by DailyMail.com
Ilhan Omar has been subjected to scrutiny over her marriage scandal for months, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation reportedly began reviewing claims in January that the Democrat Congresswoman married her brother and committed marriage fraud – a felony offense punishable with a prison sentence of up to five years and a fine of up to $250,000.
You can read more from our friends over at TrendingPolitics.com