I received this from a local Dentist Office in Northwest Arkansas. The times they are a changing my friends.
We treat our own family and team members in the exact same treatment rooms with the exact same safety protocol we employ daily. However, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the following temporary changes are being enforced for the safety of our patients, families, and staff:
For any non-emergency care, the following patients will be kindly asked to reschedule:
• Patient or household member with a cough, cold, fever, or flu-like symptoms
• Patient or household member who has traveled abroad in the past 14 days
• Patient or household member who is immunocompromised.
In addition to following standard Universal Precautions, these are some of the supplemental measures we are implementing:
• No magazines or paper forms will be available.
• Temperature will be taken upon check-in.
• Patients will have the option to wait in their cars and be called on their cell phone when their treatment room is ready, rather than waiting in the reception area.
• Reception area, door knobs, pens, etc. will be disinfected hourly.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided as you enter and exit the building.
• Hydrogen peroxide rinses will be provided before treatments (antibiotic mouth rinses such as Listerine or Chlorhexidine are not effective). This will reduce the aerosol risk.
• Any of our team who show signs of, or are around those who contract COVID-19 will not be allowed to return to work until fully cleared by a physician. They will have their temperature taken regularly.
As always, your health as a whole person is our utmost concern. We will continue to adapt as more information becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and let us know if we can be of any assistance.