Chemical Free Body

Consuming Expired Pancake Mix Deadly Study Says

Several new case studies have surfaced recently, and the results are to say the least, alarming.

There are many freaky stories of people who have either died or had close call with death after consuming pancakes made from expired pancake mix.

One study reported by The American Journal of Forensic Medical Pathology covered the story of a 19-year-old man who had pancakes from an opened pancake mix that was two years old. After he had two pancakes, he went into Anaphylaxis and died.

Anaphylaxis is a life threatening allergic reaction for those at home.

The mix later tested was found to have a high level of different types of mold according to the study. Penicillin was one of them, and apparently the man was allergic to it.

Another case study published in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunologybroke down the story of a 52-year-old woman who went into severe anaphylaxis on two totally different occasions after eating and inhaling cooking vapors from a pancake mix that was contaminated with dust mites. The woman ended up surviving.

And, for what it’s worth, there was once a Dear Abby column where a reader said her son “began having difficulty breathing and his lips turned purple” after eating what she later discovered was expired pancake mix. That teen also ended up being okay.

You can read more on this from our friends over at Delish.com

0 0 vote
Article Rating

You Might Like

Leave a Reply

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
×
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
%d bloggers like this: