SIX SAUDIS ARE ARRESTED OVER PENSACOLA NAVAL BASE SHOOTING INCLUDING THREE WHO FILMED THE ATTACK BY COUNTRYMAN WHO KILLED THREE AND WOUNDED EIGHT BEFORE BEING SHOT DEAD – AS FBI PROBES TERROR LINK
- Shooting took place on base early Friday morning, sparking a lockdown
- Sources identified the suspected gunman as Saudi Air Force aviation student Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani
- As of Friday evening, six Saudi nationals have been detained for questioning
- It’s reported that three of them filmed the shooting as it happened
- Rep Matt Gaetz, a Republican representing Pensacola, called the shooting ‘an act of terrorism’
- President Trump tweeted that King Salman told him ‘the Saudi people are greatly angered by the barbaric actions of the shooter…’
- Three other people were shot and killed during incident inside classroom building on base
By Andrew Court and Snejana Farberov For Dailymail.com, 6 December 2019
Six Saudi nationals have been arrested after an Air Force trainee – also from Saudi Arabia – opened fire at a naval base in Florida, killing three people and injuring eight.
The men were detained near the scene of the shooting, which took place at Naval Air Station in Pensacola early Friday morning. It is currently unclear why they have been taken into custody.
Three of the six Saudis were seen filming the entire incident as it unfolded, a source told The New York Times on Friday evening.
No officials have yet stated whether any of them were students inside the classroom where the shooting occurred.
Authorities are probing whether the incident is terror-related.
The shooter, who was shot dead by police, was first identified by NBC News, citing unnamed sources, as Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani.
US officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation, said the suspect was a second lieutenant attending the aviation school at the base.
Military from around the globe attend the Naval Air Station in Pensacola for flight training.
You can read more from GellerReport.com